As I was glancing through this morning I noticed that three-years ago TODAY, March 5th, 2007, I wrote: "A Quick 6 Hour Drive". The inaugural blog post here on MilitaryAvenue.com! Back then I had a one year old, 4 year old, and 13 year old. At the time I had NO idea my husband would deploy with the Ohio Army National Guard to Iraq... and return safe and sound a year later. I couldn't begin to imagine where this blog was going to take us. Wow! Time sure does fly when we are having fun :)
In the past three years the Military-Blogging Team has grown! Otherwise, you might get mighty sick of hearing about my dear little angels ... or hellions, depending on the day.
- We've had SUPER-DUPER popular blog-posts, like 101 Ways to Thank a Veteran and 101 Ways to Thank a Military Spouse. (Both featured on DoD Sites around the world!)
- We have had the pleasure of announcing new features on MilitaryAvenue.com, like Answers and Alerts. We've bestowed the title of "Featured Military Reward" on our favorite military-discounts every month.
- We've had moments of levity, moments of stress, moments of sorrow, moments of pure-joy, we've even had a few soap-box moments. We've run the gamut of emotions these past few years!
- We've become an integral part of the DoD Bloggers Roundtables. We've shared "Wordless Blogs", "Thankful Blogs" and "Tasty Blogs".
When you talk about an array of materials ... we've got you covered, no doubt about it!
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to "Our Letters to You", just a small, yet fruitful, piece of the MilitaryAvenue.com pie! (Insert whistle noises and 'Hip Hip Hoorays' from the crowd)! Here is to 3 MORE years... and then MANY more after that :) ... (Wow, I'll have a 2 year old, 7, 10 and 19 year old at our next 3-year anniversary, Oh Boy...!)
- Leanne and the whole MilitaryAvenue.com Team