Menu-Planning Monday: *E’s* Homefry-Potatoes
I have to admit … I LOVE that my 7 year old loves to help me in the kitchen. Around dinner time I can ask if anyone wants to help me cook and 80% of the time I get a big-resounding “ME!” 5 year old, *C* is just getting into it too but at this point in life *E* is my biggest kitchen-help.
Whenever I make potato ‘wedges’ he is very excited, and can do most of the work … therefore they are dubbed “*E*’s Potatoes”. (I basically just do the slicing.) If you are looking for an easy side-dish, for the family or a group, this is an easy one.
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
4 all-purpose potatoes
1/2 cup vegetable oil or olive oil; whichever you prefer
1. Wash the potatoes (I leave the skins on for added nutrients … so we wash them well) and then cut into slices
* I like them crispy, like a potato chip and hubs likes them thicker so when cutting the potatoes try a variety of sizes and see what you prefer!
2. In large bowl, coat and soak potato slices in vegetable oil or olive oil
3. In 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan, arrange potatoes so they are single-file and then evenly sprinkle Lipton Onion Mix over the top of the slices.
4. Bake at 425°, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 Minute(s) (20 minutes with the help of a 7-year old but thats ok!)
Cook Time: 35 Minute(s)
Serve with ketchup and pick them up like a potato chip. YUM! Enjoy with Hamburgers or BBQ Chicken for an enjoyable week-night meal.
– Leanne from MilitaryAvenue.combyLeanneonMonday, May 10, 2010Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to PinterestMilitary Life:Great Tastes,Leanne,Potatoes,Recipe