One of the boys 'Summer Jobs' options each week is to help Mom make dinner. It is usually one of the first chores chosen but little do they know what I have up my sleeve.
- They read the recipe to me
- They measure the ingredients. Just to make it fun sometimes if a recipe calls for a cup of something we figure out how to get up to a cup (without using the actual 1-cup measurer) ... 2 half cups, 1/4 cup plus 1/4 cup, plus 1/2 cup... etc etc
- We talk about what time to take food out of the oven (adding minutes to the current time)
- We practice safety by chopping carefully (onions, celery, apples...)
- We clean-up as we go and remember a clean workspace is safest
- Leanne from MilitaryAvenue.com