November 11th is Veterans Day, a day to honor America's military Veterans. Since 1954, the Veterans Day National Committee has worked to ensure Veterans Day receives proper and widespread observance. Part of that outreach this year includes this video for students explaining how and why we honor Veterans, not just on Veterans Day, but year-round.
On the VA Veterans Day page you'll find not only this video but also Veterans Day History, local and national observances and resources to teach students the value of honoring our Veterans. Visit the site at http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday.
112. Enjoy "Veterans' Reflections" from the DoD. Some great thoughts and memories from our Veterans and a great way to remember what they have been through:
- Veterans' Reflections: 'Serving a Cause Bigger than Myself'
- Veterans' Reflections: Following in Her Father's Footsteps
- Veterans' Reflections: Going to War in 1944
- Veterans' Reflections: Service Was 'Rite of Passage'
- Veterans' Reflections: The Crew of the USS Oklahoma City
- Veterans Day 2010 - Military Discounts
- 101 Ways to thank a Veteran
- Veterans Day 2010 - What are you going to do for our Military-Veterans?