SaveAndInvest.org’s Military Center
Some Great Resources over at
SaveAndInvest.org‘s Military CenterHave you visited the website from FINRA Investor Education Foundation for military families SaveAndInvest.org? It is developed specifically to help us better manage money such an important topic this time of year and progressing into the new year. They have re-launched with new content, action plans, worksheets and videos. Here is a link to the press release.
Topic areas include digging out of debt, making ends meet, planning for the future, managing financial products and avoiding fraud. Debt and credit information is particularly important for military families; research by the FINRA Foundation found that more than a quarter have $10,000 or more in credit card debt.
Specific tools at the newly re-launched site include:
· The Track Your Spending action plan to help military families manage their monthly expenses, part of a toolkit on making ends meet
· Resources to help military families manage their debt—including action plans to dig out of debt and control their credit
· Free FICO® Scores available to active duty servicemembers and their spouses through military financial educators and counselors
· How-to videos, such as How to Avoid Scams
We can most certainly go overboard this time of year! I spent a “little bit” of money at Target on Friday but I knew my budget and what I was there to purchase. I walked into the store with cash and a plan. I walked out of the store feeling good about myself, not worried about next year’s credit card bills or a case of buyer’s remorse. How about you? What are you doing /now/ to help the financial stability of your family tomorrow?
– Leanne from MilitaryAvenue.combyLeanne KocsisonSunday, November 27, 2011Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to PinterestMilitary Life:finances,Household Budget,Leanne