Thankful Thursday: The Craziness of Kids
With the Thanksgiving Holiday behind us and the craziness of Christmas ahead of us it is easy to forget what we can continue to be Thankful for!
Today I am Thankful for:
- Wiggly Teeth
- 3AM: “Mom I’m scared”
- Dirty knees, filthy fingernails
- Guns, Swords, Light Sabers… all pretend, usually completely imaginary
- Games of soccer in the family room… “Keep the ball low, boys”
- 4 year-older declaring “I HATE school”
- 7 year-older asking me what the bad F word is that was written on the back of the school bus seat
- “Can I help you, Mom?”
- “I’m telling.” STOMP STOMP STOMP. “MOM, he [fill in the blank] me.”
- “Mom, I have a joke to tell you.” (Now think of the most non-sensical sentence you can come up with & that’s their idea of a joke.)
- “Mom, I love you” (Seriously, how lucky am I to hear this multiple times a day?!)
Not everything about being a mom is pleasant, but it is all manageable! Children (in my case boys) bring life abundant. I am so thankful to be a mom; to be an influence; to know that I can handle what comes my way… and to know that if I ever feel like I can’t handle it I have a support network behind me like no other!
What are you thankful for this Thursday?
– Leanne of MilitaryAvenue.combyLeanneonThursday, December 03, 2009Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to PinterestMilitary Life:children,Leanne,Thankful