Today I am Thankful for:
- Wiggly Teeth
- 3AM: “Mom I’m scared”
- Dirty knees, filthy fingernails
- Guns, Swords, Light Sabers… all pretend, usually completely imaginary
- Games of soccer in the family room… “Keep the ball low, boys”
- 4 year-older declaring “I HATE school”
- 7 year-older asking me what the bad F word is that was written on the back of the school bus seat
- “Can I help you, Mom?”
- “I’m telling.” STOMP STOMP STOMP. “MOM, he [fill in the blank] me.”
- “Mom, I have a joke to tell you.” (Now think of the most non-sensical sentence you can come up with & that’s their idea of a joke.)
- “Mom, I love you” (Seriously, how lucky am I to hear this multiple times a day?!)
Not everything about being a mom is pleasant, but it is all manageable! Children (in my case boys) bring life abundant. I am so thankful to be a mom; to be an influence; to know that I can handle what comes my way… and to know that if I ever feel like I can’t handle it I have a support network behind me like no other!
What are you thankful for this Thursday?
– Leanne of MilitaryAvenue.combyLeanneonThursday, December 03, 2009Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to PinterestMilitary Life:children,Leanne,Thankful